Thursday 18 June 2015

India 2015! Arrival and Picking People up June 4th-5th


If you have been following my blog, then you know that I go to India EVERY SUMMER! India is in South Asia. This year, I am going to a new part of Asia – Central Asia. But first I am going to India.

I am heading to a tiny village in Bihar which is in eastern India. My dad's side of the family is from Bihar. First I'll fly from U.S to Delhi then I'll fly from Delhi to Patna, which is the capital of Bihar after that I will drive from Patna to Chhapra which is the capital of the district, then we go to Affour  which is the village where the fun and shtuff begins! 

Find Patna and Chhapra on the map



Right now, I'm in the Newark International Airport drinking a Jamba Juice - Peach Paradise. We're waiting for our plane to Delhi.

We arrived in India at midnight, and went to a hotel called Ibis. Here I am right before we leave for the plane to Patna Bihar.
When we were at the Indira Ghandi Airport, I saw this cool sculpture that shows the different steps of yoga. One of them which is right in front of you is the downward facing dog. It looks like an upside down V.
Before our flight, I would like to introduce you to two new people that will be joining me. This is me with Jo-Jo. I'm making a funny face. Jo-Jo is from China, and I met her two years ago because of the next person you're going to see.
This is Victormama (uncle Victor). He is the one who introduced me to Jo-Jo, and also he's been my mom's friend for 15 years. He teaches music, just like my mom, and lives in Hong Kong. They're coming with us to the village for the wedding and Jeneo.
We're in Patna right now, and here is a stupid sign outside the airport that says "coke and food beter together" instead of "better."
Bihar is the poorest state in India. Here are some pictures from Patna. This is a carriage or throne that carries the groom during the wedding parade just lying in the street.
This is a busy street in Patna. There is a cart rickshaw, an autorickshaw, and two motorcycles. The roads are very bumpy.
I found a sign that says "Bonjour" which I thought was funny because it's in India.
Now we're picking up more family members to go to the Janeo and the wedding. We picked up Kanti Phua (Aunt Kanti) from her house in Patna. She's in pink on the right.
Then we went to Lovely Chachi's house (Aunt Lovely) and picked up Kullu (in the blue dress), Gul-Gul, her cousin, and Ashish, which is the baby, Kullu's little brother, and Lovely Chachi. Kullu and Ashish are my cousins.
This is Ashish and Santosh Chacha (Uncle Santosh). We all got in a jeep and headed to Chhapra.
In India, there is a famous river called the Ganges. You have to pass over the river to get from Patna to Chhapra. Here is a picture of the Ganges.
This is a selfie of me wearing Jo-Jo's hat. It looks like an explorer hat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!