Tuesday 9 August 2016

Porto to Lisbon - Watch me play a $1,000 Portuguese Guitar!

It's our last day in Porto, and we ended up climbing a high hill in Porto. There are some really great views, and mom wanted me to take a picture of all of the port wineries. Can you see some of the names?
On the top of that hill, there was a cathedral, and the handrail was a snake!

As we were leaving the church, I saw a man who was playing trumpet for a living. 

On the way down, Victormama wanted to buy a Portuguese guitar. There was a guitar shop that we went into. 

It had lots of different shapes, none of them that would have been familiar to anyone who wasn't Portuguese!

They had different types of guitars, and by that, I mean that the scrolls had different thins on them. Do you see the teardrop? That is a Coimbra guitar (pronounced "queem-bra"). 

Here's Victormama trying out a guitar, making a funny face. He ended up buying one for $750!

Then I wanted to try. After I got the hang of it, I started playing a song that you all might know!

Listen!!

 Batwoman as the virgin Mary!


After the train ride back to Lisbon, we went back to the same hostel, but it was better because the computer could recognize my finger. So here I am, scanning my finger to get inside our hotel. 

A fountain in the middle of a Lisbon square.

Last day in Lisbon!

Cookies in a bouquet style. Yummy!

Hey there Mr. French Fry! Can I have some?

This is an old outdoor, 5 story elevator.

That night, after dinner, there was a magician doing tricks, and one of them was blowing fire from his mouth! I got a pretty good picture, but it was nothing compared to Victormama's picture. 

On the way home, we saw a fruit shop filled with oranges ...

...and an astronaut trashcan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!