Thursday 18 July 2013

Arjun's India and China Summer Adventures June 30th-July 1st

 This is me and mommy in my first day in Shanghai China, and I'm on the bullet train from the airport called the Maglev, which stands for Magnetic Levitation, and this train goes up to 500 km per hour, Awesome!
 This is the train going at 300 km per hour!
 This is my nice uncle who always gets me toys - Victormama! He bought some shoes in China that said "Victory" on them, but one of them had the "y" cut off, so it said "Victor!"
 This is a picture of the "Voice of China." Some of you might have heard of this tv show called "The Voice" in America. This is the same thing, but in China.

 Our first night in China, we went to Victormama's student's house for dinner. Her name is Jo-Jo and her aunt made us a whole full Chinese dinner. We had seaweed, green beans, pork and beef (which was just for Victormama), tofu, squash soup, cashews, and eggplant and chicken with ice cream for dessert. It was ice cream in a small square box, and we could cut it into 4 pieces. It was awesome!
 That is me and mommy at "The Bund" which is the riverbank in Shanghai, and the buildings right behind us, next to the post standing up, is called the "needle tower."
 This is a noodle restaurant near our hotel. This is me below eating a bowl of chicken and noodles.
 This is a picture of me and a girl that we met in the noodle shop. She made friends with me and I made friends with her.



 Next to our hostel, there were some people taking wedding photos, months and months before their wedding in front of a building.
 We went to the Museum in Shanghai, and we had a blast. There were culture games on videos where we had to choose the correct dress for different groups of people in China.

 That is a Buddhist statue in the museum. I took the picture because if you look at the next photo, my father's name is Anand, and so you see the Buddhist's name was Ananda.

 This is a Guardian Dragon from the Tang Dynasty.
 This is a hanging dragon where I played the dress up computer game.
 This is me in the museum coffee shop eating this awesome mocha ice cream.
 This is outside the museum in the road in a food shop. This is a bunny cake, and below is a small package of dried fish, I tried my first sample of pork here.

 This is me holding a 75% cocoa chocolate bar
 These are Dragon Fruits for sale
 This is dog with back shoes and front shoes on that we saw on the street.
 These are kiwi and fruit in a food shop on Nanjing Road.
 This picture is of a whole bunch of delicious candy. And below are more delicious lollipop candy.

 This is a small piece of shrimp in a wrapped packet.
 This is a McDonald's Happy meal poster with Hello Kitty in the Happy meal. Don't they ever think about boys in China?

 That is women dancing in the middle of the road on Nanjing road.
 This is a picture of the Pizza Hut on Nanjing Road.


 The next day we went shopping. This is me near the 9 corner bridge. And in my hand is the Superior Pistol that I got.
 These are 19 fans in a shop window.
 That is me drinking plum juice.
 This is Victormama and Jo-Jo at the 9-corner bridge.
 On the 9-corner bridge I was interviewed by a news tv-crew.
 We visited a Buddhist temple near the 9-corner bridge
 This is me on a dragon-turtle outside a shop near the temple.
 This is me finally getting the hang of chop sticks in "Grandma's Dumplings"restaurant.

This is a screen in a mall that if you stand in front of it you appear on the screen but it puts a funny face on it. You can dodge the faces, but it finds you and puts another one on. I'm in the front with the black t-shirt. Pretty Awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!