Sunday 21 July 2013

Arjun's India and China Summer Adventures, July 1-2

 This is me in front of our bullet train to Suzhou, outside of Shanghai. It took us 20 minutes to get there!
I'm eating a giant juicy peach in Suzhou!

 In the silk museum in Suzhou, I learned about silk making. This diorama shows the camels that walked the Silk Road from China bringing silk.
 These silk worms are showing us how they eat the Mulberry leaves and make silk cocoons.
This is a silk cocoon

 This woman is making fabric out of silk thread on a loom.

 That is daddy in a chair, representing the Qing Dynasty.
 This is me, Victormama, and mama sitting down in the silk museum.
 This is me making cloth. I'm pushing the pedals with my feet.
  This is a North Pagoda in Suzhou.

I'm eating vegetable dumplings!

This is ancient Chinese writing

These are actual oysters with pearls inside.

That is a pearl rooster with its baby.

 Suzhou has lots of canals. It's called Venice of China. This is one of the canals where we went on a boat ride.

This is me on the boat

This is my Hello Kitty plum juice cup

Here's a video from the boat ride, including the loud and annoying sound of the cicadas.

This is me taking a picture of a woman with a Chinese fan of a Chinese woman in an orange robe.

This is a 7-way tunnel

Me and daddy exercising in the park in Suzhou.

I'm walking on a path of stones that is supposed to make your feet feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!