Monday 2 June 2014

My Brahmin Ceremony!!! The People

Before my big Brahmin Ceremony, we had to get dressed. This is daddy and mommy in their new clothing. Later, during the ceremony, I will switch into traditional Indian clothes.


At the temple, there was a lot of talking as people were gathering. This is Guriya Phua in the blue sari, daddy, mausi in the red and tan sari, and dadima (my grandmother) in the gold and green sari.

This is me laying on mommy before the ceremony.


This is me sitting Buddha style before the ceremony. This is one of the last pictures of me with hair!!!!

Lots of my young relatives came. One of them is Hemu bhaiya, who is holding Kullu, my cousin.

These are the two priests and daddy setting up for the big ceremony

My relatives have to check to see if the cloth fits me, so this is Guddu cha-cha and Muna cha-cha cutting 15 feet of saffron cloth so I can wear it.

Muna cha-cha's wife

This is Mona didi's husband

This is Mona didi (cousin Mona)

This is their son Kochi

This is Shanti Phua, one of my dad's sisters

This is Sonali did, one of Shanti Phua's daughters.

This is Tuk-Tuk, my 9-year old didi (sister)

This is Hemu bhaiya and Ruchi didi.

This is a really great, artistic photo of daddy that I took. I took all of these pictures actually

Pappu cha-cha's wife

This is the garland and supplies for the puja (ritual)

Dadaji (grandpa)

Dadaji and Dadima

This is Jijaji, the husband of my dad's sister, Sheila Phua

This is Professor sahib, father of Sonam and Sonali didi

This is Raja, Lovely chachi's brother


This is Lovely chachi, wife of Santosh cha-cha, my dad's brother

This is Kanti Phua, my dad's other sister, with Babu (aka Ashish - Lovely and Santosh's new baby)

This is Sheila Phua, with Mausi in the background

This is Bhutti cha-cha

This is Santosh cha-cha, my dad's brother
This is Guddu cha-cha with the most silly face ever. He lives in Virginia and he came to see my ceremony.

This is Bhutti cha-cha with Victor mama, who came all the way from Hong Kong to see my ceremony

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!