Monday 2 June 2014

Getting Ready for my Brahmin Ceremony, Tumeric Ceremony - Part 2

I'm trying on one of the kurtas for my Brahmin Ceremony. I'll wear this after I get my head shaved in a few days!
Santosh cha-cha bought this one for me

This is the preparation for the tumeric ceremony. In this ceremony, the women grind up raw tumeric with a stone and make it into a paste and they give me a massage (aka malish in Hindi) and rub me all over with the tumeric.






This is my aunt in front of the bowl of tumeric

This is the tumeric and the grinding stone
 
These are all of the women's hands holding the stone grinder and smashing the bowl of tumeric while they sing songs about the family. I'll get the tumeric rub done tomorrow.
Later that day, I got three wasp/bee stings. One on my left hand, one on my right wrist, and one on my lip. This is what my lip looked like after the sting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!