Friday 23 May 2014

So many Birthday Parties!





While I'm in India, I've been invited to so many birthday parties. This is my second invitation, but I've since gone to two more, so I've gone to four birthday parties. This is an invitation to a girl named Sajel's birthday party. It's at 5:30, and her flat is 6-A. I got the invitation the night before. Here they don't give you any warning, except for my first invitation which happened a couple of nights earlier, and it was Ayush's birthday party.

This is me holding Sajel's invitation. As you can see, it has Hannah Montana on it, who I completely hate.



This is Krishev, who is Sajel's brother, and his video game controller. he's showing everyone.
This is Sejal, the birthday girl. Too bad I didn't get a better shot of her.

This is the cake. It has pineapples and cherries and flowers and frosting, which I don't really like in India, and somebody is placing a candle in the cake.

Fortunately, they had a tank of 3 turtles, and I thought this would be a good shot. It is Ayush in front of the tank of 3 turtles.

These are the presents that Sajel got, which she didn't open because you don't open your presents when the other children are there. You wait until after, when everyone leaves.

This is Sejal cutting her cake. She's taking a small piece and feeding it to a relative that came to her party, then she gives them a piece of cake to feed to her. That's what they do here.


Here's me at a different birthday party for a little girl named Aditi. I got the invitation for this party about 3 hours before the party.

This is Tanushri in the blue and pink flowered shirt and Prachi in the white dress.

This is the cake with name Aditi on it, an angry bird, and a real plastic barbie with a frosting dress.

This is us dancing with Tanushri, Prachi, and a couple of other little girls.


This is the mug I got from winning a game of musical chairs. Everyone at the party also got a pencil holder.

This is me at St. Francis with my violin, practicing for the Birthday party of the directors. It is called director's day, and we're having a big birthday.

This is the day of the performance, and this is me and my "girlfriend" Shatakshi.

These are a couple of students that are performing, talking with our music teacher, Steve Rao


These are some students dancing in the program wearing traditional classical dance costumes.

These are kids from my class who are performing for the song from "Main Tera Hero." The song is "Sharmi ki Height."

these are girls in the performance.









































No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!