Sunday 12 July 2015

Astana, Kazakhstan!!!!

My first full day in Kazakhstan! A 5-minute walk from our house, is a good, big supermarket called "Small." My mom took a picture of me in the tech store called Techno Dom. 
Right outside of the mall is a bus stop. It's basically the metro in Astana. 

Two people tagged along with us: Victor mama and Tony. They attended cuz they had to go to a conference with my mom. 
We happen to be taking this bus, number 35, to take our first look around town. And was it a full day!

After we got off the bus, we saw cool buildings right away.

I hope that's stable!





This is the Baiterek Tower, an observation tower in the new part of Astana. We elevatored to the top of the ball and could see the whole city. We had the best view!

This is me, mommy and Tony at the top of the gold ball. I was putting my hand in a mould of the handprint of the President, It symbolizes friendship and reaching out to other countries.

Some flower arches at the base of the Baiterek Tower

Picture of city from outside the Baiterek Tower

Weird egg building

After we visited the Baiterek Tower, we went to figure out what the gray egg tower was, and right near there are dozens of plaster horses decorated differently.

I really don't know what this is, but I'm suggesting it's DaVinci's Vitruvian man

Plaster hand with metal bars sticking out of it.

Right next to that was a rug store that my mom, Victormama and Tony were interested in. You can count me out.

Apart from monuments, Astana has some really cool work buildings, as you can see the sides of this one are wavy.


Tribal looking art. At first I was mistaken - I thought he was on a horse taking a selfie.



Beautiful views from far away. 

Through the gate lies the end of the city - aka the Steppes, and there's a mall to mark the end! It's in the form of a tent or yurt. 

That was supposed to be me in that frame, but Tony missed the picture. 

On our way to the tent mall there were some pretty cool things. This is a bunch of paint tubes made of flowers. 

More modern art.


The tee-pee mall (shaped like a yurt hut)
roofs ''eh''?



I do too


Gold office building near the President's House 

Rest stop


Right behind me is a small waterfall


This is the opera house, with 4 horses on the very top. 


The arts building. Isn't that a beautiful blue?


Catching the wind


Tony in front of a statue outside of the opera house.



An arcade on the top floor of the Yurt mall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!