Monday 17 March 2014

Holi in India! March 15-17

This  is me at home with my pet hamster. She is only 3 inches long. Her name is Nibblemouse. I am saying goodbye to her.
 This is my mom's friend, his name is Joe. He is going to be living with us in India for 2 weeks. This is him in the car on the way to the airport.

This is me in the airplane to Newark. We almost missed our plane from here to India! We had to run through the airport from Concourse A to C in 10 minutes.
This is me watching Frozen in the airplane to India. It had Arabic subtitles but it is in English.
This is Joe and me in our home in Ghaziabad, India. In this house live Dadaji, which is grandpa, Dadima, which is grandma, Lovely chachi who is my uncle's wife, my uncle Santosh chacha, and Kulu, my cousin and the new baby Ashish.
Here is baby Ashish


This is Kulu with my Kindle.
This is me in a mosquito net tent on the bed so we don't get bitten by one of the many mosquitos at night when we're sleeping.

The next morning we went for a walk at 5 am. This is the Hanuman Temple across the street from our house. Joe and mommy are standing in front of it.
There are cows in the streets roaming around senseless, not knowing that there are cars around.
  

This is a goddess temple in the streets. These people are doing puja, which is worship in the morning.
This is the milk shop called Mother Dairy and milk man selling us milk for the day.
This is a building being built near the milk shop, and this is what the main frame looks like.
This is the canal in front of our house, and it smells very bad.
This is a small stand for Holi products. Holi is a ancient festival of the Hindus. It is a very big festival where people throw color on each other. This stand has powder, small pellet capsules of color, and plastic squirt guns to shoot color. Holi is tomorrow!
This is a shop owner wearing a colorful wig to celebrate Holi.

This is another cart selling tons of colored powder to throw at Holi.
This is Vaango, a South Indian restaurant in the mall near our house.    


For Holi, everyone gets a new pair of clothes for the holiday. This is Joe trying on a new Holi shirt.
This is Joe eating street food called Pani Puri.
The night before the color festival everyone does puja and there are big big bonfires lit to represent the story of Holi where a devotee named Prahlad was saved from the fire.

This is me with my new awesome Ben 10 airblaster gun to shoot colored water at people for Holi.


This is me playing with other children waiting for the bonfire to start
This is the bonfire the night before Holi. We all watched it for a long time and did puja around it.
This is me on Holi with my awesome airblaster Ben 10 gun. I have the gun because in Holi, we get to throw colors and shoot colored water at every one else, and they throw colors on you. Some have squirt guns and others have buckets of colored water that they dump on you. The worst weapon of all is the water balloon. On Holi, someone hit me in the neck with a water balloon really hard, but then I kept going and had a lot of fun. Here are some pictures from Holi.


This is mommy on the roof colored in color.
This is Santosh Cha-cha and his friends and Kulu at Holi.
Add caption























No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!