Thursday 20 March 2014

March 18 and 19th, Old Delhi and New School Stuff!






On Tuesday, we went to the Delhi Metro station to go sightseeing in Delhi. This is the metro map.
Our first stop was the Jama Masjid, which is the largest mosque in India. It's in Old Delhi
Our next stop was the Red Fort, which was built by Moghul Emporer Shah Jahan in the 17th century. This is one of the buildings....






And these are the kinds of weapons and armor that they used to fight battles
This is the throne chair that the Emperor would sit on to greet people and hear their complaints and below is the hall where he would meet them. 

Here's me drinking a Pepsi outside the Red Fort because I was really dehydrated, so mommy let's me drink soda!
This is me taking a nap in the Red Fort.
After the Red Fort we went to Connaught Place, which is inner Delhi. This is the Indian Flag
The next day we went to my new school to pay my tuition and meet the principal. This is Joe mama, me and mommy waiting in the lobby of the school.
This is a school bus that shows the name of my new school, St. Francis.

This is an awesome pen I got yesterday in Old Delhi when we went to the Jama Masjid and Red Fort. It only cost 10 rupees, which is 18 cents!

This is the logo for my St. Francis school. It says "Inform, Form, Transform."
In India, to go to school, you have to buy your own books and uniform. This is me right in front of the counter in the school book store. My books cost over 3,000 rupees, which is $60. I needed about 15 books!
This is the name of the book shop.
This is me trying on my school uniform shirt.
This is Kullu my sister-cousin who is putting on her new school shoes. She's going to the same school as me!

.
This is me trying on my school uniform pants at the shop.
These are my gym shorts for gym class.
This is me trying on my school shoes.
This is Joe mama and Kullu outside of the school uniform and book shops. He's making a funny face and then Kullu is making a frowny face.
 

This is one of my friends on the street where I live. We were playing with my camera and I got a few good shots like this one, and the one below.






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!