Saturday 29 March 2014

March 23-26 First days of School!

These pictures are of the assembly at my new school, St. Francis School. This is the first day of the new session, so we had an assembly where the priest and principal introduced the new teachers for each subject. We also sang the Indian national anthem, the school anthem, and some prayers. I felt really, really, really scared the first day, but it ended up being still a little bad, except for the fact that a girl called me cute. I found out that her name is Sanvi.
This is me on my way into the school after the assembly. I'm the fifth person in.












These are my school books. We have 8 different subject periods in a day, and we have books for each one. Every day I have to look at the subject schedule and put the right books in my back pack for the day.

I have over 24 subject books altogether. Some of the books are English, Math, Values, Social Studies, Science, and Hindi.

This is me wearing my first outfit for school. I have to wear this one everyday, except for Wednesday and Saturday when I wear white shorts and a colored shirt.
These are all of my books in two big bags.


This is me in my outfit outside the St. Francis School.
This is me after school with Santosh cha-cha and Joe on a motorcycle that we're going to use to get back home, and mommy is going to walk.

These are some photos from when we were in  Rajasthan of me and Bittu putting buckets over our head. Then we left for Delhi.
This is Jantar Mantar, and ancient astrological site which has buildings that measure the movements of the planets and sun.

This is the Qutub Minar, an ancient building from 1192 in Delhi that was the beginnings of the invasions.




This is me at Akshardam Temple, a temple where they honor a kid who traveled around the border of India and went through the Himalayas.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Arjun - I hope the first day of school wasn't too bad, and that it's getting less scary every day. When do you have vacation for the elections? We had ANOTHER snowstorm! Tamsin and I miss walking and driving to school with you. Love, Anne

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!