Thursday 24 April 2014

April 13th - Old Delhi with Neli





This is a picture taken from inside the New Delhi Railway Station. We went there to buy ticket to Chandigarh in two weeks!

This is the Jahangir Masjid, which means mosque in Old Delhi. This is mommy and me. I'm in a towel because I was wearing shorts instead of long pants and I needed to cover my legs.

In Old Delhi, we went to a spice market right outside of Jahangir Masjid. There are dozens of spice shops.

This is me in one of the spice shops. One of the shopkeepers took this picture of me.

This is a giant sack of tumeric.

These are figs.

This is weird food colored pasta or noodles.
This float has a picture of Jesus on one side and a Hindu religious leader on the other.
This table is selling Ayurvedic medicine. There is a cart full of sacks behind it. Before auto-rickshaws or bike rickshaws in India, people were pulled on these wooden carts.

While we were at the spice markets, a parade for charity started passing by. Different organizations gave out mango and lichi drinks and popsicles and biscuits for free to all of the people in the streets. I got a mango and lichi drink and an orange popsicle.









This sack is filled with seeds from the lotus flower. They are puffed up like rice and eaten as a snack or in milk.

After the parade in Old Delhi we went with Neli to the Lotus Temple and ate at a restaurant nearby.

This is a girl I made friends with in line waiting to get into the Lotus Temple.

This is how dirty my feet got walking around Old Delhi today.

I got really dirty in Old Delhi, and my hair was all messy, so mommy and Neli thought I looked like a street beggar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!