Sunday 13 April 2014

April 7-12 Vacation Part II - Garden of the 5 senses, Qutb Minar and Neli!

These are two crows that I saw kissing at the Garden of the 5 Senses in Delhi. This garden has hearing places, talking places, feeling places, seeing places and smelling places.

This is mommy and Neli. Neli is my mom's friend who is working in Myanmar, which is nearby India, also known as Burma. Neli used to work in a school in California with my mom when I was just born. She's visiting us for a week.

This is me sitting next to pillars and bamboo in a circle surrounded by pillars.

This is mommy and me with our new umbrella in an archway in a path of stones.

This is me doing the worship gesture in front of my "class" because that's what all the small statues are practicing - they're practicing meditation for peace.


These are some modern statues in the Garden.


This is a replica of a Mayan building in the Garden.

This is a beautiful flower we saw at the Garden.

So, this is a tree, but it's no ordinary tree since no ordinary tree would grow in a cement block. Instead of it being a real tree, it's a metal sculpture of a real tree.

These are rocky stone elephants in the Garden.

This is a cute wild dog we saw in the Garden. I thought this was especially cute because he's looking off in another direction and making a funny face.

This is Neli, me and mommy in a swing at a coffee shop names Fio in the Garden.

Next we went to the Qutb Minar, which is a monument with a tomb and a gigantic minaret. It was built in 1192 when India was invaded.

This is some of the stone work on the side of a building that is carved out of marble. You can see Arabic lettering in the carving.

This is me on a "touching point" and I'm apparently holding the top of the Qutb Minar.

These are some of the ruins at the Qutb Minar.

This is me doing a Buddha pose on the ruins.


Somebody that came to the ruins wrote an Indian name "Abhishek" which is also the name of a famous Bollywood actor named Abhishek Bachchan.

On one of the pillars at the Qutb Minar, I saw a small chipmunk nibbling a bird feather. This small chipmunk reminded me of my hamster Nibblemouse, the first picture of my whole blog.

This is the famous iron pillar at the Qutb Minar, standing in the middle of an archway.

This is Neli at Zen restaurant in Connaught Place where we ate lunch.

This is a statue of Mahatma Gandhi at the Khadi shop in Connaught Place.

On Saturday, we had a parent teacher meeting at the St. Francis School. Children had to go to hear their progress report from all of their teachers. This is Taniya ma'am, my home room teacher. She said I was adjusting really well at the school.

We accidentally went on the roof of the school, and so I took a picture of St. Francis on the very top of the school building.

This is mommy and me talking with my math teacher. I'm apparently her favorite student.


Her name is Anuhibah ma'am

This is a clay horse at a craft museum in Delhi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!