Saturday 25 June 2016

The Beach - Sao Martinho, Portugal!

 Our first day in Sao Martinho (pronounced So Martinyu). It's really nice because we got a hotel right next to the beach. Sao Martinho is on the western coast of Portugal on a bay that meets the Atlantic. 

Immediately after we got settled in our hotel, we went to the beach, and Victormama and I took a picture.


Also at the beach, were a bunch of kids from school. 

After we had dinner, mommy said we could go to the beach for an hour, so I took my swim trunks and I decided to swim, swim, swim, swim. 

I even tried riding the waves.


The next day we walked to the other side of the beach to meet Victormama's brother, sister-in-law, niece, and nephew at a sand dune.

This is me and Betsy, who is 7, walking up the sand dune.

I didn't know if I could run down, so I took the easier option, and decided to slide down. You can see the cloud of dust I left behind.

After that, we went to their house. Right outside their complex, was a branch with a bunch of snails on it....

and a playground.

After we left, we went to the beach again, but not to have fun, but to go up a mountain on the other side to see the big waves in the Atlantic ocean. Going to the Atlantic, I saw a dead fish in the sand.

I decided since it was my last time having fun at the beach, I would make the most of it. So I changed real quick and got out there.

This is me and mom on the mountain pointing out to the see. Behind us you can see a piece of land that touches the bay.

Here's a picture of the Atlantic.

On the top of the mountain, there was a statue of a cross, and there's Victormama walking up to it.

Further on our trek, we saw a horse grazing.

The steep cliffs over the Atlantic.




Surprise! As soon as we got down to the beach, something went over our heads. It was big, and orange, it was a man parachuting. 

Here we are next to the Atlantic, and I'm playing with the sand, and burying my leg. The waves were really high.

That night, we went to see Victormama's family in the village because it was his grandma's 92nd birthday, and they had a family reunion. They had a roof, and beyond the roof, they had a huge field of pear trees and some fig trees.

The pears weren't ripe, so I couldn't eat any.


Then, I played soccer on the roof with some of Victormama's cousins and other relatives. 


This is their old village house, which was over 100 years old.

Before I left, I took a picture with Rachael, the girl on the far left corner, Dominic on the right side, Miguel, the one sitting down, and Natalia in front.

Since it was a birthday, they had cake! And it was some of the most delicious cake I ever had. It had great frosting, and raspberry jelly, cream, and layers of flaky pastry. 

This is Isabel, Victormama's aunt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!