Monday 10 June 2013

Arjun's India and China Summer Adventures, June 9-11th, 2013

Arjun's haircut, June 9th
This is me getting a haircut in a Ghaziabad Men's Hair Salon. The haircut costs 30 rupees which is about 55 cents.

Sonali didi
 On Sunday afternoon, we had Sonam didi and Sonali didi visiting. They are my cousin-sisters, just like Kulu. Didi means sister.
Sonam didi


This is me holding a bag of sour cream and onion Lay's chips with Pepsi, again. I am in the market getting a snack and drink for the hot day. Mom and dad and Santosh cha-cha drank lime-lemon syrup in soda water with rock salt and cumin. I didn't like it.

Santosh cha-cha's sweet shop.

This is Santosh cha-cha's (my uncle's) sweet shop. It's called Vrindavan Sweets.They sell Choco-pies, chips, crackers, chocolate bars, sodas, and quite a few Indian sweets like laddoo and barfi.


Playground in the Park, June 10th, 2013

Then we went to the Swarn Jayanti park close to his shop. This is me going down a big, blue, bumpy slide with a bunch of kids behind me trying to go. 

Kulu on a roller slide

This is Kulu going down a roller slide at the park playground with Santosh cha-cha, me, and daddy. We also went on the paddle boats.

Kulu on the house monkey bars.

Kulu and I at the park


This is a dead dove we saw on the way to see my new school. Daddy said it got electrocuted on the wires. Covering the beak and the eyes there were ants crawling all over it.


This is one of the schools that mommy is going to do research at for Arts for Children Indian music.
 
 
My new school in India
This is my new school that I'll go to on January 26th next year. The name of the school is St. Francis School. I met the principal whose name was Susan Jacobs. I love the school because the principal is nice.

1 comment:

Please let me know what you think!