Sunday 23 June 2013

Arjun's India and China Summer Adventures June 19th-20th

 

This is me eating puri two hours away from a visit to  to Rajgir and the oldest University in the world, Nalanda.
 We stopped at a small tent shop with puri, jelabi sweets, chai and chick pea subji


This is the sign at the oldest university in the world, University of  Nalanda. It was started in the 5th century, and stopped in the 12th century.
This is one of the dorm rooms at the University
 There were 1,000 dorm rooms in the university
This is one of the stone beds in one of the rooms
 Monks slept on this rock bed when it was sitting in the hot, hot weather, and even I can't stand it.
This is our family going down only one of the many staircases of the Nalanda University

This is where the monks did their meditation

This is one of the Buddhist temple stones at the University

Kids picking up ground fruits, kazoor (wild dates)

This is me eating kazoor that fell from the date trees

 After Nalanda, we went to Rajgir, a famous Buddhist ancient town and temple. This is me and my family, going up a chair mountain rope all the way up. If you were under 5, you could go with someone, but I'm 7, so I went alone in one of the chairs. As it got higher, it got scarier, but I wasn't scared.
Buddhist Stupa at the top of the mountain
 After that, we saw the Buddhist temples, and these are the pictures of Buddha from one of the temples
Sleeping Buddha

This is me sitting on the stairs overlooking the mountain
 If we missed the rope chairs, we would have had to climb all the way back down the mountain, but we got there in time.
 The next day, this is me and Hemmu Bhaiya going to the village in a 3 hour car ride. After awhile, Hemmu Bhaiya let me call him Hemmu Bhaiya instead of Hemant Bhaiya. These are some of the things we saw on the way.



When we got to the village, me and Hemmu Bhaiya went on the bicycle. The clothes I'm wearing are brand new clothes I got from Professor Sahab, my uncle.


 Then we on the tractor, and we got a ride all the tractor barn. Next to me are my cousin-sisters Simran known as Tuk-Tuk wearing pink, and Jaya known as Soni wearing violet stripes.
There are lots of lizards in India. So when there's a light, the lizards usually come out. This is a picture of a gecko next to a light trying to eat the bugs.

To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!